Soaring Spirits International (SSI) provides a positive peer community and research based, relevant virtual and in-person programming infused with a hope-building, life-affirming spirit for widowed people globally. SSI is a secular, inclusive, life affirming organization that prides itself on deeply appreciating the value of its team and affording them the same level of respect and compassion as SSI participants receive. SSI believes in the transformational power of hope, and intentionally acts as a force for good for widowed people as they rebuild their lives after the death of a spouse or partner.
SSI seeks a collaborative, passionate, and friendly Camp Widow Registration Volunteer to work under the direction of the Camp Widow Registration Coordinator.
- Develop and speak with SSI voice using the widowed-lens
- Greet campers upon arrival and assist with checking in using EventSquid via Ipad
- Assist with name tag table to adorn ribbons, buttons, pins and lanyards
- Assist with opening and/or closing of registration as needed
- Field questions from campers regarding events, camp space, etc
- Lived experience with grief, loss, and bereavement
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Comfort working independently, with a team player mindset
- Professional, patient, and thoughtful demeanor with excellent customer service skills
- Ability to multitask
- Interact with SSI staff in accordance with SSI values
- Ability to walk to office for restocking
- Ability to use Ipad and navigate event software with assistance
- Work with a compassionate, empathetic, and authentic team of Soaring Spirits staff and volunteers
- Make new friends and colleagues
- Increase your confidence in life post-bereavement
- Ability to interact with many campers, volunteers, and SSI staff
SSI strives to be a welcoming and inclusive environment that is committed to creating a diverse workplace. SSI promotes strenuous policies and practices of equal opportunity and diversity, equity, and inclusion. It is SSI’s objective to recruit, hire, and retain the most qualified individuals including those of any race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation or identity, national origin, age, disability, or veteran status.