Soaring Spirits International (SSI) provides a positive peer community and research based, relevant virtual and in-person programming infused with a hope-building, life-affirming spirit for widowed people globally. SSI is a secular, inclusive, life affirming organization that prides itself on deeply appreciating the value of its team and affording them the same level of respect and compassion as SSI participants receive. SSI believes in the transformational power of hope, and intentionally acts as a force for good for widowed people as they rebuild their lives after the death of a spouse or partner.
SSI seeks a collaborative, passionate, and highly efficient Camp Widow Programs/Presenter Liaison to work under the direction of the Camp Widow Director while onsite at camp.
- Set up and manage presenter registration and author book check in (NOTE: Early morning hours required)
- Set up rooms/supplies for all track intros/wrap ups
- Check that the presenters are set and ready for each workshop block throughout the weekend in conjunction with the
- Operations Coordinator
- Answer presenter questions, as able, and refer any needs or concerns to Camp Widow Director
- Previous experience presenting at Camp Widow preferred
- Lived experience with grief, loss, and bereavement
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Comfort working independently, with a team player mindset
- Professional, patient, and thoughtful demeanor with excellent customer service skills
- Experience with Google Suite
- Ability to schedule meetings during PST hours in the few weeks prior to camp
- Detail oriented and reliable
- Technologically savvy
- Ability to maintain calm and organized milieu in camp space
- Volunteer management experience
- Ability to multitask
- Interact with SSI staff in accordance with SSI values
- Ability to walk long distances
- Ability to lift and carry flags/ banners /boxes ~ 10 pounds or less
- Work with a compassionate, empathetic, and authentic team of Soaring Spirits staff and volunteers
- Free registration for Camp Widow in the United States where you will be operating in this role
- Receive an official SSI staff t-shirt and name badge
- Make new friends and colleagues
- Increase your confidence in life post-bereavement
SSI strives to be a welcoming and inclusive environment that is committed to creating a diverse workplace. SSI promotes strenuous policies and practices of equal opportunity and diversity, equity, and inclusion. It is SSI’s objective to recruit, hire, and retain the most qualified individuals including those of any race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation or identity, national origin, age, disability, or veteran status.
This position has been filled. Please check back later.