Soaring Spirits International (SSI) provides a positive peer community and research based, relevant virtual and in-person programming infused with a hope-building, life-affirming spirit for widowed people globally. SSI is a secular, inclusive, life affirming organization that prides itself on deeply appreciating the value of its team and affording them the same level of respect and compassion as SSI participants receive. SSI believes in the transformational power of hope, and intentionally acts as a force for good for widowed people as they rebuild their lives after the death of a spouse or partner.
SSI seeks a collaborative, passionate, and friendly Camp Widow Ambassador Volunteer to work under the direction of the Camp Widow Ambassador Coordinator.
- Assist campers with registration, including but not limited to serving as wayfinders, providing welcome, and assisting with check in and nametags
- Assist Ambassador Coordinator with camper meetup Thursday night during early registration at the host hotel
- Assist with the track introductions on Friday morning to provide the presenters and campers support as needed.
- Assist with the We Have a Widowed Person for That program either as support or as a table moderator
- Keep an eye out for campers in distress or in need of assistance throughout the weekend, alerting camper support team as necessary
- Lived experience with grief, loss, and bereavement
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Comfortable working independently, with a team player mindset
- Professional, patient, and thoughtful demeanor
- Ability to multitask
- Interact with SSI staff and volunteers in accordance with SSI values
- Work with a compassionate, empathetic, and authentic team of Soaring Spirits staff and volunteers
- Make new friends and colleagues
- Cultivate personal resilience by giving back to the community
- Increase your confidence in life post-bereavement
- Ambassador button to wear at camp
SSI strives to be a welcoming and inclusive environment that is committed to creating a diverse workplace. SSI promotes strenuous policies and practices of equal opportunity and diversity, equity, and inclusion. It is SSI’s objective to recruit, hire, and retain the most qualified individuals including those of any race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation or identity, national origin, age, disability, or veteran status.