Soaring Spirits International (SSI) provides a positive peer community and research based, relevant virtual and in-person programming infused with a hope-building, life-affirming spirit for widowed people globally. SSI is a secular, inclusive, life affirming organization that prides itself on deeply appreciating the value of its team and affording them the same level of respect and compassion as SSI participants receive. SSI believes in the transformational power of hope, and intentionally acts as a force for good for widowed people as they rebuild their lives after the death of a spouse or partner.
SSI seeks a collaborative, passionate, and highly efficient Social Media Volunteer to work under the direction of the Social Media Content Creator. The social media volunteer is a year-round, collaborative position. This position is being developed, but please see below for a list of possible duties.
- Develop and speak with SSI voice using the widowed-lens
- Create social media content through SSI Canva account using SSI branding eventually
- Engage with SSI community through responding to comments on SSI posts on Facebook and Instagram
- Meet monthly for a short meeting with Social Media Content Creator and members of Social Media team
- If attending SSI events, document and send content to Social Media manager to share to promote mission and vision or SSI
- Lived experience with grief, loss, and bereavement
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Comfort working independently, with a team player mindset
- Professional, patient, and thoughtful demeanor with excellent customer service skills
- Ability to schedule meetings during PST hours
- Technologically savvy with personal or professional social media experience
Please email Ellie VerGowe, SSI Social Media Content Creator, at [email protected] if interested and for more information!
SSI strives to be a welcoming and inclusive environment that is committed to creating a diverse workplace. SSI promotes strenuous policies and practices of equal opportunity and diversity, equity, and inclusion. It is SSI’s objective to recruit, hire, and retain the most qualified individuals including those of any race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation or identity, national origin, age, disability, or veteran status.