Soaring Spirits International (SSI) provides a positive peer community and research based, relevant virtual and in-person programming infused with a hope-building, life-affirming spirit for widowed people globally. SSI is a secular, inclusive, life affirming organization that prides itself on deeply appreciating the value of its team and affording them the same level of respect and compassion as SSI participants receive. SSI believes in the transformational power of hope, and intentionally acts as a force for good for widowed people as they rebuild their lives after the death of a spouse or partner.
SSI seeks a collaborative, passionate, and highly efficient Camp Widow Volunteer Coordinator to work under the direction of the Camp Widow Director. This is a volunteer position tasked with managing prior to camp and onsite, the coordination of all needed volunteers in programs and operations.
Note: This position is a time intensive role that requires work prior to, onsite, and after camp.
- Field volunteer inquiries before, during and after camp via email and phone
- Manage all volunteer communications including emails, sign up sheets, spreadsheets
- Attend weekly Camp Widow Planning Meetings including Volunteer Orientation
- Ensure volunteer roles are properly distributed and make adjustments as needed
- Manage the ambassador and registration coordinators and camp runner
- Early morning and intermittent hours needed throughout each day of camp
- Frequently move boxes/signs weighing up to 20 pounds as needed
- All other assigned duties as needed by the Camp Widow Director
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Lived experience with grief, loss, and bereavement
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Comfort working independently, with a team player mindset
- Professional, patient, and thoughtful demeanor with excellent customer service skills
- Experience with Google Suite
- Ability to schedule meetings during PST hours
- Detail oriented and reliable
- Technologically savvy
- Volunteer management experience
- Ability to multitask
- Interact with SSI staff in accordance with SSI values
- Must be able to walk long distances, lift up to 20 lbs, stand for short amounts of time
- Work with a compassionate and empathetic team of Soaring Spirits staff and volunteers
- Free registration for Camp Widow in the United States where you will be operating in this role
- Receive an SSI email address, official SSI staff t-shirt, and name badge
- Make new friends and colleagues
- Increase your confidence in life post-bereavement
SSI strives to be a welcoming and inclusive environment that is committed to creating a diverse workplace. SSI promotes strenuous policies and practices of equal opportunity and diversity, equity, and inclusion. It is SSI’s objective to recruit, hire, and retain the most qualified individuals including those of any race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation or identity, national origin, age, disability, or veteran status.