Soaring Spirits International (SSI) provides a positive peer community and research based, relevant virtual and in-person programming infused with a hope-building, life-affirming spirit for widowed people globally. SSI is a secular, inclusive, life affirming organization that prides itself on deeply appreciating the value of its team and affording them the same level of respect and compassion as SSI participants receive. SSI believes in the transformational power of hope, and intentionally acts as a force for good for widowed people as they rebuild their lives after the death of a spouse or partner.
SSI seeks a collaborative, passionate, and highly efficient onsite Camp Widow Runner to work under the direction of the Volunteer Coordinator, Kids Camp Manager, and the Camp Widow Director. This is a volunteer position tasked with running errands and moving needed equipment and camp supplies for and between the various camp programs and events. Could be an excellent opportunity for an adult child of a camper.
- Retrieve needed supplies for camp, camp events, and both the adult and kids program as needed
- Run errands for teams using own method of transportation or ability to use public transportation
- Assist with general tasks within the camp space as needed by the leadership team
- Retrieve items from the event office space
- Lived experience with grief, loss, and bereavement
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Comfort working independently, with a team player mindset
- Professional, patient, and thoughtful demeanor with excellent customer service skills
- Detail oriented and reliable
- Ability to multitask
- Interact with SSI staff in accordance with SSI values
- Ability to walk 2-5 miles daily onsite in the conference space
- Ability to lift 15 lbs
- Speak with an SSI voice according to SSI values
- Work with a compassionate, empathetic, and authentic team of Soaring Spirits staff and volunteers
- Free registration for Camp Widow in the United States where you will be operating in this role
- Make new friends and colleagues
- Increase your confidence in life post-bereavement
SSI strives to be a welcoming and inclusive environment that is committed to creating a diverse workplace. SSI promotes strenuous policies and practices of equal opportunity and diversity, equity, and inclusion. It is SSI’s objective to recruit, hire, and retain the most qualified individuals including those of any race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation or identity, national origin, age, disability, or veteran status.