Soaring Spirits International (SSI) provides a positive peer community and research based, relevant virtual and in-person programming infused with a hope-building, life-affirming spirit for widowed people globally. SSI is a secular, inclusive, life affirming organization that prides itself on deeply appreciating the value of its team and affording them the same level of respect and compassion as SSI participants receive. SSI believes in the transformational power of hope, and intentionally acts as a force for good for widowed people as they rebuild their lives after the death of a spouse or partner.
SSI seeks a collaborative, passionate, and friendly Camp Widow Operations Volunteer to work under the direction of the Camp Widow Operations Coordinator.
- Develop and speak with SSI voice using the widowed-lens
- Assist with room set up (chairs/kleenex/documents)
- Assist with camp flags, signage and tables
- Assist with moving furniture as needed around camp space
- Assist with banquet decor and message release set up and tear down
- Assist with packing on Sunday as able
- Lived experience with grief, loss, and bereavement
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Comfort working independently, with a team player mindset
- Professional, patient, and thoughtful demeanor with excellent customer service skills
- Ability to multitask
- Interact with SSI staff in accordance with SSI values
- Ability to walk long distances in camp space
- Ability to lift ~15 lbs as needed
- Work with a compassionate, empathetic, and authentic team of Soaring Spirits staff and volunteers
- Make new friends and colleagues
- Increase your confidence in life post-bereavement
SSI strives to be a welcoming and inclusive environment that is committed to creating a diverse workplace. SSI promotes strenuous policies and practices of equal opportunity and diversity, equity, and inclusion. It is SSI’s objective to recruit, hire, and retain the most qualified individuals including those of any race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation or identity, national origin, age, disability, or veteran status.