Soaring Spirits International (SSI) provides a positive peer community and research based, relevant virtual and in-person programming infused with a hope-building, life-affirming spirit for widowed people globally. SSI is a secular, inclusive, life affirming organization that prides itself on deeply appreciating the value of its team and affording them the same level of respect and compassion as SSI participants receive. SSI believes in the transformational power of hope, and intentionally acts as a force for good for widowed people as they rebuild their lives after the death of a spouse or partner.
SSI seeks a collaborative, passionate, and highly efficient Camp Widow Bookstore Manager to work under the direction of the Camp Widow Manager. The bookstore manager is a volunteer year-round position tasked with managing the onsite camp widow bookstore for all camp widow onsite events, including attendance for both Tampa and San Diego.
Note: This position is a time intensive role that requires work prior to, onsite, and after camp.
- Ordering new merchandise and arranging design elements for new products
- Reordering merchandise to restock for next camp event as well as on the online Hope Market
- Set up and tear down onsite store (ability to lift 10 lbs)
- Manage all sales and volunteers who are assigned to the store throughout the event weekend
- Manage store inventory in Shopify online system
- Ensure all products are properly bar coded and tagged
- Manage presenter books for sale and the inventory and payments for such
- Develop and speak with SSI voice using the widowed-lens
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Minimum 2 years experience with retail sales and management
- Lived experience with grief, loss, and bereavement
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Comfort working independently, with a team player mindset
- Professional, patient, and thoughtful demeanor with excellent customer service skills
- Experience with Google Suite
- Ability to schedule meetings during PST hours
- Detail oriented and reliable
- Technologically savvy
- Ability to maintain calm and organized milieu in camp bookstore space
- Volunteer management experience
- Ability to multitask
- Interact with SSI staff in accordance with SSI values
- Free registration for Camp Widows in the United States including Pop Ups and Full Camps
- 3 nights hotel cost for any Full Camp Widow attended in the US
- Receive an SSI email address
- Receive an official SSI staff t-shirt and name badge
SSI strives to be a welcoming and inclusive environment that is committed to creating a diverse workplace. SSI promotes strenuous policies and practices of equal opportunity and diversity, equity, and inclusion. It is SSI’s objective to recruit, hire, and retain the most qualified individuals including those of any race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation or identity, national origin, age, disability, or veteran status.
This position has been filled. Please check back later.