Soaring Spirits International (SSI) provides a positive peer community and research based, relevant virtual and in-person programming infused with a hope-building, life-affirming spirit for widowed people globally. SSI is a secular, inclusive, life affirming organization that prides itself on deeply appreciating the value of its team and affording them the same level of respect and compassion as SSI participants receive. SSI believes in the transformational power of hope, and intentionally acts as a force for good for widowed people as they rebuild their lives after the death of a spouse or partner.
SSI seeks a collaborative, passionate, and highly efficient Camp Widow Ambassador Coordinator to work under the direction of the Camp Widow Volunteer Coordinator and Camp Widow Director. This is a volunteer position tasked with managing, both prior to camp and onsite, the coordination of all Ambassadors. The Camp Widow Ambassador Coordinator is expected to attend both U.S. based Camp Widows in Tampa (in March) and San Diego (in July).
Note: This position is a time intensive role that requires work prior to, onsite, and after camp.
- Field questions from interested Ambassadors via email and phone
- Work with Camp Widow Director and SSI staff to vet and select Ambassadors who embody the following characteristics:
- Prior camp attendance
- Maturity and ability to help others while attending to one’s own grief
- Ability to stay in their role as an Ambassador and refrain from “fixing” or offering therapeutic support (regardless of professional training)
- Attend and participate in SSI hosted Camp Widow Volunteer Orientation
- Coordinate and provide training for ambassadors prior to the start of each camp
- Manage all Camp Widow Ambassadors prior to camp and onsite, including scheduling Ambassadors at needed events via
- Sign Up Genius and continuing to field email and phone calls
- Facilitate camper meetup Thursday night during early registration at the host hotel
- Attend and participate in Volunteer Debrief after camp
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Lived experience with grief, loss, and bereavement
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Comfort working independently, with a team player mindset
- Professional, patient, and thoughtful demeanor with excellent customer service skills
- Experience with Google Suite
- Ability to schedule meetings during PST hours
- Detail oriented and reliable
- Technologically savvy
- Volunteer management experience
- Ability to multitask
- Interact with SSI staff and community in accordance with SSI values
- Work with a compassionate, empathetic, and authentic team of Soaring Spirits staff and volunteers
- Free registration for Camp Widow in the United States where you will be operating in this role
- Receive an SSI email address, SSI staff shirt and name badge
- Make new friends and colleagues
- Increase your confidence in life post-bereavement
SSI strives to be a welcoming and inclusive environment that is committed to creating a diverse workplace. SSI promotes strenuous policies and practices of equal opportunity and diversity, equity, and inclusion. It is SSI’s objective to recruit, hire, and retain the most qualified individuals including those of any race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation or identity, national origin, age, disability, or veteran status.
This position has been filled. Please check back later.